Re: bookmarks

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: bookmarks
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:18:24 -0500

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

    Sean Sieger <address@hidden> writes:
    >    If you can provide a step-by-step reproduction recipe, that would
    >    probably save me some time, but if not, I'll work with the above.
    >    Thanks for the report.
    >
    >emacs -Q <outline-mode-file>
    >
    >* 20090915
    >  [some editing here]
    >* 20090914
    >^
    >  [bookmark here]
    >
    >C-x C-s & C-x C-f or whatever ...
    >
    >When I C-x rb to <outline-mode-file>, the bookmark has been displaced to
    >a nearby location.
    >
    >Thank you.

    I still cannot reproduce this.  Sorry, but I'll need a complete recipe:
    starting from emacs -q and giving every keystroke (i.e., where you wrote
    "[bookmark here]" I assumed you meant 'C-x r m', but am not positive),
    and giving the input file that it happens with.

    -Karl

I tried doing what I remember as having done, and I can't repeat it.  I
think I was pulling my hair out having done something stupid over and
over again.  Not that this is what I was doing, but like accidentally
typing C-x f instead of C-x C-f (bad example, but you know what I mean).
Sorry for wasting your time.