Re: Surely 'bzr branch' shouldn't be this slow?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Surely 'bzr branch' shouldn't be this slow?
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:28:21 +0800

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

Having created a local copy of the bzr repository in my directory
~/emacs/emacs.bzr/trunk, I then went to create the now familiar
quickfixes branch from it, with this command:

    $ time bzr branch emacs.bzr/trunk/ quickfixes/

Ah, right.  The .../quickfixes/ needs to be physically under .../trunk,
not just "related" to it.  Thanks!

I fear you may be heading for another 39 minute wait now. quickfixes needs to be under emacs/emacs.bzr,
alongside trunk/, not under it.