bzr --fixes [was Re: bug#881: patch for bug #881]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: bzr --fixes [was Re: bug#881: patch for bug #881]
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 12:15:32 -0500

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> so presumably, to use the --fixed facility, debbugs.gnu.org should
> have a way to mark a bug as fixed through the web interface (a "simple
> URL scheme") so we can build an appropriate
> bugtracker_<tracker_abbrevation>_url. Does it have it?

If bugs.debian.org can do it, debbugs.gnu.org should be able to,
although some configuration might be needed. Can bugs.debian.org do
such a thing, mark a bug as closed via a url? I have never heard of
it.

It sounds like a bit of a nightmare, if random web-links can close
bugs.

Is this feature actually indented to close bugs, or just provide a
link to the report? The latter would just be
http://debbugs.gnu.org/1234.