Re: colours in client on xterm (if an X frame is open at same time)

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: colours in client on xterm (if an X frame is open at same time)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:02:50 -0800

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> wrote:
> I wonder if the following is a feature or a bug: If I run
> "emacsclient -t" in an xterm, then I get a grey background if an
> X frame is open at the same time (this didn't happen with 23.1).

I could not reproduce this behavior, and yet I've seen something
vaguely similar: I generally have running an emacs that I've started
via "emacs -nw"; I connect to it with "emacsclient --tty" (and then
disconnect) a few times a day.  That works fine, with no strange
colors.  But occasionally I connect to it via "emacsclient -c", which
itself works fine -- but thenceforth, console frames that I create
with "emacsclient --tty" have a light-colored background -- and
killing the X frame doesn't fix that problem.  Only restarting emacs
fixes it.