Re: reversion revulsion [was: log format for vc-bzr]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: reversion revulsion [was: log format for vc-bzr]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:29:31 +0100

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 13:36, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I usually do it slightly differently (following the wiki):
>
>  cd ../trunk
>  bzr update
>  cd ../quickfixes
>  bzr merge
>  bzr commit
>
> Where would I put "bzr revert --forget-merges" in my case? wouldn't
> that be after the last "commit"?

Before the commit. "merge" brings changes from quickfixes into trunk,
and takes note that there was a merge. At that point, bzr status will
say so. If you do nothing more, commit will a the merge commit,
keeping the quickfixes history, and adding "[merge]" to the commit
log. If you do instead "revert --forget-merges", that metadata is
eliminated, and the next commit will be normal: no quickfixes history,
no "[merge]".

>> `bzr revert' does not modify committed history.

I hope it is now clear that it does not.

    Juanma