Re: Integrating package.el

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: Integrating package.el
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:47:51 -0800

>     * An index file contains a alist mapping projects to DVCS
>       repositories. This would be manually curated. Adding a project would
>       just be done by adding an entry to this file.
>
> This could be ok, but that shouldn't be misunderstood as a decision
> to include libraries that we don't have papers for.

Naturally, it's up to whoever manually curates the index to ensure the
package follows the guidelines for that archive. For the FSF archive(s)
it would mean ensuring copyright assignment is in place; for folks who
want to maintain their own archives it would probably be something
simpler like making sure it's licensed as free software.

-Phil