bzr workflow

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: bzr workflow
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:10:03 -0500

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
appears to indicate that I need to commit _twice_ for each change (with the
same log message?):

Workflow for a Quick Change
bzr commit -m "Fix bla bla bla (closes Bug #1)."

Merging Into the Upstream Master
bzr merge
bzr commit -m "Merge: fix bla bla bla (closes Bug #1)."

1. Am I the only one who thinks this is a little too convoluted? (the only
other DVC I regularly use is hg, and there the workflow is "commit+push"
instead of the recommended emacs workflow "commit+merge+commit").

2. Is there a way to emacs-automate this? I.e., the first commit is easily done
from under emacs using the vc-dir buffer: mark the files, hit C-x v v to the to
the commit message buffer, then C-c C-a will insert the ChangeLog text and C-c
C-c will commit. Then I have to switch to a bash window, go to trunk, then
merge, and the then commit - but then I need either a second vc-dir buffer in
emacs, or I need to do that (a multi-line commit message!) from the shell.
There must be a better way to do that!

thanks.