Re: bzr workflow

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:47:02 +0100

Óscar Fuentes skrev:

There is something that I disagree with BzrForEmacsDevs: a quickfix that
requires more than one commit or that spans so long in time to warrant a
merge from upstream does not qualify as a quickfix for me.

This is too simple. There have been many times in the CVS days when I tried to commit a change only to find out there was a conflict (usually ChangeLog). So I always merge from upstream before committing to upstream. So what you are saying is in fact, there are no quick fixes.

What starts out as a (presumed) quickfix often turns in to a week/month long fix. To assume that one can always beforehand descide if one is about to do a quickfix or not is also too simple minded.

Bzr feels very strange and uncomfortable. It is workable, but not smooth or elegant, just kind of icky.

        Jan D.