Re: bzr workflow

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:27:42 -0500

>FWIW, the real reason that we didn't say anything about it is that the
>original idea was that the trunk would be treeless, but it turns out
>that you can't merge a branch without a tree.  (It's not impossible in
>theory -- eg, if the divergent changes affect different files -- but
>bzr won't do it.)

I think it was that, and a desire not to throw too many different ways
of doing things at newbies.

But at this point, I think we could update the BzrForEmacsDevs doc to
recommend just doing trivial mods in trunk and committing directly from
there.  Heck, that's what I'm doing with really simple stuff.

Can anyone think of any gotchas?  Particularly gotchas that would lead
to people on this list having to provide more support not less? :-)