Re: bzr workflow

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:24:50 +0100

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:39:44 +0100
From: Jan Djärv<address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

you still have to do make bootstrap again, and that is where time
goes.

??? On what OS?  It takes about 20 minutes on MS-Windows (which is
indeed painful), but on GNU/Linux I'm done in 5.

Takes about 10-15 minutes for me on GNU/Linux. My machine is a couple of generations old.

Of course, that's not to say that one should bootstrap every hour, but
if you need to do it every now and then, when you decide that another
branch is in order...

Furthermore, there are Bazaar tricks to have co-located branches, in
which case you don't need to bootstrap at all.

I'll have to read up on those, sounds useful.

        Jan D.