Re: bzr workflow

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:48:31 +0900

Lennart Borgman writes:

 > >> It would be very good if someone pointed out on the wiki page where
 > >> (and perhaps how) you build Emacs. Do you do that in the trunk
 > >> directory
 > >
 > > Yes.
 > >
 > >> Is there anything special to consider?
 > >
 > > No.  Just do it as usual.
 >
 > Thanks Eli.
 >
 > Maybe it should be pointed out somewhere? I am not sure.

I don't think so.  There should not be any problems related to
building, *except* that the workflow common in "small" projects of
using "bzr branch" a lot without a shared repository should be avoided
in Emacs because the overhead of "make bootstrap" is noticable, and
unnecessary with an appropriate workflow.

I think you're the first person I've seen to worry about it, so I
don't think it's a FAQ.  When EmacsForBzrDevs is updated, we can just
add "You can just build and test as usual in the 'trunk' branch if you
use it for quick fixes."