Re: Git mirror - bidrectional

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Git mirror - bidrectional
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:42:57 -0500

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:28 PM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

> If bzr is not satisfactory for some reason, then please open a
> discussion with arguments about replacing it, not just add yet more
> noise about a different way of checking things in.

Chong, Stefan, do you want this discussion here?
I wasn't under the impression that this a desired discussion topic at this
time.

I don't think we need another mailing list to discuss "emacs development on the
git mirror".

Your point is well taken about the git rev-ids.  Maybe we can set up the mirror
 so that the Bzr revisions are mentioned in the commit messages.
I agree that a common VCS would be preferable, but one wouldn't want to risk
alienating or losing contributions over it, right?  So, it would be mostly
beneficial for Emacs development if more people can make commits or produce
patches using their preferred tools.   An open solution, rather than a
proprietary one, so to speak.