Re: adding branches to bzr?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: adding branches to bzr?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:31:02 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> I have some local Emacs branches I maintain in git:
>
>   xwidget       - embed different gtk widgets in Emacs windows
>   imagemagick   - use imagemagick to read and render images in Emacs
>   filemagic     - incorporate filemagic library in Emacs
>   windowgroups  - group emacs windows together
>
> It would be interesting to share this work in the central bzr repo. How
> would I do that? Or shouldn't I?
>
> I can switch to bzr if thats necessary.

I haven't had time to properly think about this yet.

My understanding is that there's negligible cost to adding multiple bzr
branches to the central repo (in terms of, say, server resources or bzr
log output).  Is that right?  If so, I guess it won't hurt to start
making branches for the features lined up for Emacs 24 (which we'll
begin concentrating on in a couple months, once 23.2 draws closer to
release).