Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:02:27 -0500

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> I committed a fix to bug #5276.  Closing the bug report, however, is
> another matter.  I sent mail to <5276-done {_AT_} debbugs.gnu.org>, but
> my mail does not appear to have had any effect -- it hasn't shown up in
> the bug log, and hasn't closed the bug.

You're in the "automatically accept" list, so your messages should go
through to the bug tracker without moderation.  But I don't see it in
the debbugs-submit archive.  Strange; I'll investigate.

Some of your criticisms boil down to "the bug page displays too much
information which is distracting to users".  Fair enough, I'll take a
look at whether we can hide some of this information.  (Though, to my
eyes, the average Emacs bug page is a lot less intimidating looking
than, say, than average Launchpad bug page, which has about ten times
the number of "angry fruit salad" links, so tastes clearly differ.)