Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:08:36 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:
>> For the love of Cthulhu, why are we using this monstrosity when there
>> are so many other good trackers out there?
>
>Hm, is that really true?  It seems more like there are so many other
>_bad_ trackers out there.

Yes, I believe it is really true.  I've used a lot of trackers (as I'm
sure you have), and none discourage me the way this one does.

I'm sure there are user demographics for whom it is the right solution
-- Debian Developers are probably one such!  But Emacs developers are
not.

>The ones that do email well, screw up the web interface (or don't have
>one).  The ones that do the web well screw up the email interface (or
>don't have one).  Some screw both up.  Blah blah...

I've seen some that do both well (Launchpad is one, there may be
others).