Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 02:59:49 +0100

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>>One of the moderators probably clicked on the button for "Add
>>address@hidden to the list of automatically accepted posters"
>>(since he's now on that list).  But, at the same time, the moderator
>>accidentally clicked on the button to discard those two particlar emails
>>he'd sent.
>>
>>Anyway, sorry about that, Karl.  If you send again, your emails should
>>go through without any further problems.
>
> Thank you.  Yeah, that's a well-known bug in the Mailman moderation
> interface (I don't know if that's what the moderator is using, but it
> sounds like, since I've made that mistake in Mailman before too :-) .)

The moderator was me. Your messages were mixed into a long batch of
spam, noticed that they were from you and added your e-mail address to
the accept list. I'll swear that marked the Accept radiobutton for the
specific messages too, but it seems I failed to do that.

I'm very sorry about this mistake. Please accept my apologies, Karl.

BTW, isn't it possible to setup a spam filter that automatically
discards the most obvious occurrences? In the first week as moderator, I
received 1800 notifications about pending approvals, with perhaps 98%
of them spam.

--
Óscar