Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 10:41:11 +0100

2010/1/14 Karl Fogel <address@hidden>:
> [snip]

I agree with virtually everything you said.

What _really_ bothers me about this bug tracking system (and I guess
I'm going out on a limb here) is that _some_ people are so stuck on
reading/adding/commenting on bugs using e-mail that A LOT of other
potential contributors to Emacs get sort of left out. It is NOT an
easy task to add a ticket to the bug tracker today (with all the tags
and what-not that needs to be right). It is NOT an easy thing to
change the meta-data of a bug either. "Commenting" on a ticket is
nearly as difficult.

Therefore, in my opinion, given the variety of bug tracking systems
that exist today, it was a huge mistake to make the e-mailing facility
the primary criteria even though it _is_ nice to be able to keep "M-x
report-emacs-bug" as simplistic as it is today. I understand that some
people, *cough*, don't use a web browser, but guess what, 99.999
percent of all Internet users today do use one. So don't leave them
out!

--
Deniz Dogan