Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:55:34 -0500

Karl Fogel <address@hidden> writes:

> Do we have general agreement here that our bug tracker would be better
> if it *did* have a web UI that allowed commenting and state-changing?
> I.e., the lack of these features is not considered a feature, right?

It's probably not difficult to allow commenting from the web.  On the
bug pages, we can just insert a "mailto" link after each comment, with
the appropriate address and subject set up.

I'm a leery of getting us a full-fledged user-registration+web-forms
type solution.  We currently have a well-defined pathway for bug
information, which works pretty well (e.g. it catches spam mostly
correctly), and it would be nice not to deviate too much from it.