Re: bug spam

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: bug spam
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:14:00 -0500

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> That sounds backward: it would make a lot more sense (efficiencywise and
> codingwise) to pass the emails through spamassassin before handing them
> over to Mailman.

Yes, it would. But the point of the listhelper system is for places
where you can't do that:

http://www.nongnu.org/listhelper/
from README:

    The best place to put anti-spam controls is at the earliest point
    where spam can enter the system. Unfortunately I couldn't affect
    changes to the upstream mail filtering.

> The current debbugs moderation is pretty taxing in human time, because
> of the enormous amount of spam that it gets.

I don't think it's unmanageable.