Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:07:35 -0500

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> It is NOT an easy task to add a ticket to the bug tracker today
> (with all the tags and what-not that needs to be right).

You do not need to worry about tags and what-not, at all.

To report a new bug, use M-x report-emacs-bug. That's it.

> It is NOT an easy thing to change the meta-data of a bug either.

No, but I would say most people don't need to worry about it.
If you want to, you'll have to read up a little, yes.

> "Commenting" on a ticket is nearly as difficult.

To comment on 123, send a mail to address@hidden That's it.
Or to bug-gnu-emacs, with "Bug#123" in the subject.