Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Unable to close a bug in the tracker.
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:59:37 -0500

Deniz Dogan wrote:

> I've been told numerous times to add tags and what-not to patches
> I've submitted to the bug tracker.

I hope that's not an impression I've given. If you want to tag patches
you send, or try and put things in a certain package, great, but it
makes very little difference to me, and I certainly don't see it as the
responsibility of the submitter to know anything about that stuff.

>> To report a new bug, use M-x report-emacs-bug. That's it.
>
> But that doesn't apply to patches.

Patches are welcome via that mechanism, or you can just send a mail to
address@hidden I think that's always been the documented method.