Help me unstick my bzr, please.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Help me unstick my bzr, please.
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:27:24 +0000

Hi, Emacs,

I've been struggling with this fine distributed version control system
for over a week now.  My trouble is that I have no mental picture of
what the main bits are in bzr and what the relationships between them
are.  I don't find the bazaar documentation much help in forming such a
mental picture.

Specific problem: I have just fixed a bug in my "quickfixes" branch.
This involved changing a single C file and .../src/ChangeLog.  I
attempt to merge the change into my "trunk" branch by doing this:

    ~/emacs/emacs.bzr/quickfixes$ bzr merge

I get this error message:

    bzr: ERROR: Working tree "/home/acm/emacs/emacs.bzr/quickfixes/" has
    uncommitted changes (See bzr status).

When I execute bzr status, it gives me a list of ~55 allegedly modified
files, finishing up with:

    pending merge tips: (use -v to see all merge revisions)
      Jan D. 2010-01-06 [merge] Fix slowdown and wrong font choosed by
XSETTINGS...

Would somebody please tell me what I might have done to make bzr think
I've got 55 modified files?  How might I recover from this?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).