Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Help me unstick my bzr, please.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:29:30 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Why not simply
 >
 >   ~/emacs/emacs.bzr/quickfixes$ bzr merge --force
 >
 > ?  Then Alan could continue with the normal quickfixes workflow:

Because IIUC the situation correctly, Alan's work would show up as a
merge commit, not as a commit to a branch.  IOW, in the logs (or a
graphical DAG viewer) it would look like he was resolving conflicts in
the merge of those commits, not committing new work.

For tiny changes this is a pretty pedantic distinction, and for humans
the log message would probably make what happened clear.

For larger changes, this could cause problems (ie, less accurate
localization of the responsible change) using tools like bisect; I'd
have to think about it.