Re: Bug or filling feature?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bug or filling feature?
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 04:09:54 +0100

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:31 AM, Joe Brenner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Why does fill-paragraph in org-mode produce something like this:
>>
>>   bla bla http://some.where/ bla bla bla
>>                  //bla bla
>>
>> The // on the second line was added by fill-paragraph and is aligned
>> with that on the first line. I did not change any setting. Or at least
>> I do not think I did. I did a customize-save-customized however, to
>> save another totally unrelated setting.
>

> I think this is a long-standing bug (though I don't know if it's ever
> been reported as one).  It comes up in a lot of contexts.

I think in my case it was related to something saved by
desktop-save-mode. It disappeared when I closed this org file buffer
before restarting Emacs, but unfortunately I did not save the old
desktop file. I think some fill paragraph pattern (ie
comment-start-skip) for another mode than org-mode was stored in the
desktop file for that file.

I can only guess how that happened.