Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:35:06 -0500

> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:39:23 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > Yes, that's right.  (In fact, region highlight already works in the
>  > bidi version, so I just verified that 3 stretches of text are
>  > highlighted in this case
>
> Does this work with mouse highlighting too?  IIRC display code handles
> that specially.  So if you draw a corresponding overlay with a
> `mouse-face' property there should be three stretches highlighted when
> the mouse is over one of these stretches.

Hold your horses ;-) I didn't get to the mouse yet; as I wrote
elsewhere, all the work till now is being done on a Unix text terminal
(which does not support GPM, in case you wondered).  But I did test
hl-line-mode after setting hl-line-range-function to something that
covers a small number of characters on each side of point, and it did
work as expected.  So I believe that the mouse highlight should work
as well.