Re: Showing network speed in emacs mode line.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Showing network speed in emacs mode line.
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 03:52:23 +0200

> I have written an elisp file(attached to this mail) that shows network
> speed in emacs mode line.

Thanks.  I tried it out, but it displays only "*invalid*" in the mode line.
It seems that's because `global-mode-string' can be only a string,
not a list of strings.  Maybe we should fix `mode-line-format' to allow
a list of strings?

> M-x load-file RET /path/to/network-speed.el
> M-x network-speed-start
>
> and to stop it showing in the mode line
> M-x network-speed-stop

I suggest you to create a minor mode like `display-battery-mode'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/