Re: Listing branches in bzr

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Listing branches in bzr
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 02:44:02 +0100

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

>>> With git I think you can find out with "git branch -r".  I've tried bzr
>>> branches "http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs"; and "bzr branches
>>> sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/"; but it just seems to hang.
>>
>> No, it's just very slow. 5 minutes or more.
>

> I checked out Emacs from Launchpad instead. I tried the branch command:
>
>   bzr branches lp:emacs
>   bzr: ERROR: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/
>     is permanently redirected to /~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/changes
>
> What is the error message trying to tell me?

First, it is unlikely (although not impossible) that

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/

contains several branches. It *is* a branch.

bzr branches http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/

returns an empty list. Given the special setup that Launchpad uses, it
is possible that the `branches' command does not work on it.

That said, the error report is quite cryptic, although it seems like
coming from the some deep API and may be difficult to interpret on the
outer layer were the plugin operates. If you are curious, file a bug
report on the Bazaar `bzrtools' plugin home:

https://launchpad.net/bzrtools