Re: Why isn't the string returned by symbol-name read-only?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Why isn't the string returned by symbol-name read-only?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:48:48 +0100

() "alin.s" <address@hidden>
() Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:33:18 -0800 (PST)

   the 4th parameter is [...]

Probably you mean "struct element".
A "parameter" is something that functions require.

   I do not know why the idea of pure storage was introduced in
   emacs; maybe in order to connect it to the idea of constant of
   C code, but I am not absolutely sure. I have not met the idea
   of pure storage into a standard course of Lisp. I do not know
   why Richard did want to insert this concept.

Pure storage is a (set of, in the case of VMS) memory range(s)
that can be written to (and subsequently read, quickly, from)
disk.  In other Lisp systems you might see the term "fasl".

   Sorry for any king of error that mingled around.

o king of error, precocious winnowing,
 why deny'd my runtime simmering,
where mingled are my symbols latent,
 where singled are my asets potent?