Re: merge conlict?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:29:08 +0200

> Cc: "Mark A. Hershberger" <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 03:46:51 -0500
>
> The actual diffs seem to be a lot of recent changes being applied for
> a second time. I could understand if there was a message where they
> got unapplied first by mistake. But how can the same changes get
> applied twice to the trunk?

They are not actually applied twice, as far as the history is
concerned.  Try "bzr log -l100 -n0 --line": you will see them only
once.  But they do appear to be results of Mark's commit, which I
think is incorrect.  Or maybe I'm misinterpreting what "bzr log"
shows.

> Also, each of revs 99378-99381 now appears twice, referring to a
> different change each time. Eg these are both r99379:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2010-01/msg00146.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2010-01/msg00106.html

That might be a problem with the script that mails diffs upon
commits.  Or maybe it just does not show enough information, because
evidently the original commits (by Stefen, Yidong, Dan, yourself etc.)
got moved in the DAG from the mainline to a branch merge (again, if my
interpretation of the log is correct).

> Is this how it supposed to work?

I don't think so.  I suspect some local snafu on Mark's machine, with
a subsequent fix that caused this strange history.  Mark, can you
enlighten us, please?

(Btw, address@hidden bounces.)