Re: `bzr viz' slooow

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `bzr viz' slooow
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:48:47 +0200

> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:05:54 +0100 (CET)
> From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
>

> The most valuable tool of git is `gitk' to visualize changes together
> with the corresponding tree.  The pendant is `bzr viz', using the
> `gtk' plugin for bazaar.  However, it is very slow.  Calling this
> command for the emacs trunk takes five minutes to start on my laptop
> with a a dual-core 1Ghz CPU having 1GByte of memory.

What kind of branch is your trunk?  Is it according to the workflow in
the wiki page (i.e., a bound branch with local repository) or
something else?

Regardless, look in your .bzr.log file and tell us what part takes
most of the time in your frequent operations.  Each line in the log
has a time stamp, so it's easy to see the sinks.