Re: merge conlict?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:14:52 +0200

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:15:51 -0500
>
> Is the problem that some people are saying that all the internal commits
> on your local branch should be clean & buildable & lint-free, in
> addition to the final merge being similarly clean?

No, they say the internal commits should be cleaned up as to not show
what they feel is ``noise'', whatever that means.

> If so, I think that would be an unreasonable expectation, and not one
> I've seen other projects enforce.

Well, they say some projects do.  But anyway, people talk; if we as a
project do not require such practices, I think the head maintainers
should say so loud and clear, to prevent such threads in the future.
This is the second time (on my failing memory, at least) that this
issue comes up in a long thread.