rebasing

From: Miles Bader
Subject: rebasing
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:53:46 +0900

[I posted this question to a thread in the ding (gnus) list, but thought
I'd ask it here too.]

One thing that concerns me is the anti-rebasing dogma that one hears
from canonical.  Does anybody know if it's just dogma, or does bzr
actually have technical problems with rebasing?

I ask because for the common small random commits case, it seems _much_
better to just commit to the trunk locally and rebase these local
commits on pulling from the main repository; the "keep N branches and
merge back and forth, even for trivial commits" recipe that is
apparently advocated for emacs seems like a huge annoyance.

-Miles

--
「すっごい」と呟いてる。「へんてこなもんばっかり」
「そんなにへんてこ?」