Re: No commit in vc?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: No commit in vc?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:57:02 +0100

Óscar Fuentes skrev:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

Óscar Fuentes skrev:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find any way of doing
commit from vc in Emacs (for bzr).

I did what "Doing Quick Fixes" says in BzrForEmacsDevs.  I then did
C-x v d ..., and then v, <type comment> C-c C-c.

Bzr then complains it can't do single file commits for merges
(whatever that means).
Let me guess:

bzr merge
<hack hack>
bzr commit foo.c
<cannot do single file commits for merges>
No.  I used vc from inside Emacs.  vc did a commit according to
.bzr-log.  I never commited a single file.

Well, I was trying to describe on terms of bzr commands what you VC did
at your request. After reading your other messages, I guess that this is
what happened:

cd trunk
bzr merge ../other-branch
<in VC-dir, mark the modified files>
<commit from VC-dir>

As mentioned on my response to Jason, it seems that bzr does not admit a
`commit' comand with a list of files when there is a pending merge. The
solution for this is to not mark files in VC-dir, but put the point on
the `./' entry at the top and press `v' there. This commits all changes
on the current working tree, which keeps bzr happy.

I didn't mark any files. Probably vc takes that to mean the same as marking edited files. This is a bug in vc that it tries to check in individual files.

        Jan D.