Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:08:03 +0100

> David Kastrup writes:
>
>  > most-positive-fixnum => 536870911
>
> Oops.  I wish you had posted 30 minutes earlier, I just misquoted
> myself in another channel.  Thank you (and Eli) for the correction,
> anyway.

This value has been in flux, anyway.  I suppose it might at one point of
time reach the 1GB value of XEmacs (which is pretty much the maximum
power of 2 possible for tagged words).

>  > > log files, there's nothing like (X)Emacs!
>
>  > less is better, actually.  I need my virtual memory for other things
>  > than decorated log files.
>
> I don't decorate the log files.  I use things like M-x occur or M-x
> delete-non-matching lines on them, though.  Does less support such
> features now?

Well, you can search for non-matches by starting the regexp with !.  And
you can limit the display to matching/non-matching lines using &.  And
you can search across multiple files with specific search pattern
characters as well.

It's not really all too bad.

--
David Kastrup