Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 07:41:42 -0500

    Nowadays, thanks to projects like LLVM, it is easy to roll an
    industrial-grade optimizing compiler if the language runtime
    requirements are not too far from C. It is straightforward to design a
    language that equals C in speed of execution and that is way more
    expressive.

I am skeptical.  In any case, if we use a compiled language we will
compile it with GCC.  We must support other GNU packages whenever
possible.