Re: [Emacsweblogs] i18n

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] i18n
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:33:52 -0500

>> It would be easy to change the reader such that _"foo" is
>> automatically read as (_ "foo"), just like we do for 'foo -> (quote foo).
> Oh sure. And break existing code.

I grepped for this sequence before sending the previous email.  So while
theoretically there may be code out there that would be affected,
I don't think such code really exists in practice.

> Lisp (in general) has always read + eval'd a sexp such as (list
> 'foo_"bar") to produce the list (foo_ "bar"). You would have it return
> (foo (_ "bar"))?

Actually, I'd probably have it return the same as now because this _
appears in the "middle" (well, the end) of a symbol.  This said, I do not
think there is this kind of code in the wild either,

        Stefan