Re: Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Mixed L2R and R2L paragraphs and horizontal scroll
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 09:08:40 +0100

> I already implemented such a feature: a per-buffer variable that
> forces all paragraphs to be either L2R or R2L.  A value of `nil' means
> the direction of each paragraph is dynamically determined by applying
> the rules described in the Unicode Standard Annex 9 (UAX#9).

I meant a function which does (1) set such a variable and (2) apply it
to one or all windows showing a buffer.  Calling this function would
temporarily override any L2R/R2L specifications specified for a file,
buffer, or paragraph.

BTW, do UAX#9 paragraphs require new definitions for `paragraph-start'
or `paragraph-separate'?

martin