Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 07:44:53 -0500

    Then, it would be more reasonable to spend time and energy discussing
    why or how do we try to make it more ethical, instead of alienating
    people by confusing the terminology, which is both already in place,
    and correct.

To influence people we need to present arguments, and we do.  We also
need to choose our words to frame the issues in the right way, and we
do that too.

"Ecosystem" frames the issue according to an outlook that disagrees
with ours, so we don't use it.  The fact that other people use it is
no reason we should.  Perhaps they disagree with our basic outlook.
They have a right to their views, but it makes no sense for us to use
terms which promote their outlook.