ChangeLogs on CVS? Commit netiquette.

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: ChangeLogs on CVS? Commit netiquette.
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:21:49 -0800

And following up:

Browsed that url, and discovered that I needed to add /trunk to
the bzr url.
But that got me to the next hole, on my Ubuntu Hardy box, the bzr
I have seems to be not new enough --- Ugg!
bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/
bzr: ERROR: Unknown branch format: 'Bazaar Branch Format 7 (needs bzr 1.6)\n'
16:20:41 retriever bzr-emacs $

aptitude show bzr
Package: bzr
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 1.3.1-1ubuntu0.1
 Bazaar is a distributed version control system designed to be easy to use and
 intuitive, able to adapt to many workflows, reliable, and easily extendable.

 Publishing of branches can be done over plain HTTP, that is, no special
 software is needed on the server to host Bazaar branches. Branches can be
 pushed to the server via sftp (which most SSH instalations come with), FTP, or
 over a custom and faster protocol if bzr is installed in the remote end.

 Merging in Bazaar is easy, as the implementation is able to avoid many spurious
 conflicts, deals well with repeated merges between branches, and is able to
 handle modifications to renamed files correctly.

 Bazaar is written in Python, and has a flexible plugin interface which can be
 used to extend its functionality. Many plugins exist, providing useful commands
 (bzrtools), graphical interfaces (bzr-gtk), or native interaction with
 Subversion branches (bzr-svn).

 Install python-paramiko if you are going to push branches to remote hosts with
 sftp, and python-pycurl if you'd like for SSL certificates always to be
 verified.
Homepage: http://bazaar-vcs.org

16:20:26 retriever bzr-emacs $