Re: Next pretest, and branching plans

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Next pretest, and branching plans
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:45:18 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 09:35:24 -0800
>
> Related to this is the fact that bug #5299, a regression, is still
> outstanding.
> It prevents Windows users from using `M-x report-emacs-bug' to file bugs.

I don't know what to fix there.  Email never worked for me on Windows
without some setup.  I use smtpmail, but it will not work without
setting it up for your ISP's mail server.

So, for me, there's no regression: it never worked in previous
versions of Emacs, and it does not work now.

Lennart seems to know what kind of solution worked for you in the
past, so perhaps Lennart could try fixing that, or at least describing
what changed in Emacs that broke that solution, whatever it is.  I
don't have Outlook set up to even try what you describe.

> Do you really want bug reports from Windows users?

Yes, and you know that.