Re: Compiling Emacs 23.1.92 on Windows fails

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs 23.1.92 on Windows fails
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:27:18 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Christoph <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:38:35 -0500
>
> > Yes, that turned out to be the problem.
> > Using mingw32-make instead of cygwin's make worked and built successfully.
>
> Thanks.  Eli, would it be possible to detect the use of cygwin's make
> and output a warning in that case?

If someone tells what does the Cygwin Make print under --version, and
if there's something Cygwin-specific there, then yes, we could test
that in nt/configure.bat.

Failing that, w32proc.c:w32_executable_type has code to detect Cygwin
executables by scanning their DLL import table for cygwin.dll.  We
could start the build by compiling a simple program to diagnose
make.exe using that method.  Seems a bit gross, though.