Re: Emacs 23.1.93 pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1.93 pretest
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:32:42 +0200

> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:25:04 -0500
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > If that fixes anything then it was already broken before.
>
> Yes, I think it was indeed broken before, and it's probably an accident
> that it worked before.  The entries->next pointer needs to be
> initialized.  (So we need the patch anyway, and I've checked it in.)

Well, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to solve the problem.  And I
agree with Andreas: if this were the reason, Emacs would have needed
an unreasonable amount of luck to work before this change.  I don't
think the stack is zeroed out on Windows; I'm _positive_ it does not
get zeroed out in the MSDOS build (just checked in the DJGPP library
sources to be sure).