Re: emacs-w3m?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs-w3m?
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:06:44 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Probably doesn't make any difference: he would have typed "bzr add ."
> rather than "bzr add" and the result would have been the same.

No, I think that's wrong.

I don't really know why he typed "bzr add" (i.e., whether by sheer
accident, or in confusion about what it did), but in general it seems
_much_ more likely for somebody to accidentally type a command with no
arguments, than with an explicit "this directory".

Thus given the somewhat rare nature of needing to do such a thing, this
default for "bzr seems" an exceedingly poor choice.  Hopefully the bzr
devs will change this.

-Miles

--
Selfish, adj. Devoid of consideration for the selfishness of others.