Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:43:42 +0100

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Berndl, Klaus
<address@hidden> wrote:

>>I think the worst problem is the scattering of scarce resources. Eric
>>Ludlam is such a resource ;-)
>
> exactly - therefore my vote for focussing the scarce resources to the most
> important tasks - otherwise there will be a very high risk to get bogged
> down...

And you are of course a scarce resource too and I have noticed you
have had difficulties to find time to support ECB as you want to.

It is a common and serious problem and one we must fight if we want
free software to succeed.

The diversity hits the users too. As I have said I recently had a
discussion with a long term GNU/Linux user who jump off to Windows 7
because the quality of the mid-level library was too low on GNU/Linux.
The key factor was the diversity (too many libraries doing the same
thing) which he thought creates this problem.

I think solving this is urgent - and very, very difficult.