Re: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:25:32 -0500

> Supporting not only Emacs but also XEmacs should be a value upheld be
> tools like CEDET and ECB, even when merged into Emacs. But cause of

I think the issue of support for XEmacs is mostly orthogonal: we can and
do include support for XEmacs in many of the bundled Emacs packages, and
AFAICT none of the changes made when incorporating CEDET into Emacs
should interect in any significant way with support for XEmacs.

        Stefan

PS: As for XEmacs's demise: don't forget that Emacs was also considered
as "heading south" around the Emacs-19 time frame.  I wouldn't rule out
the possibility of XEmacs (or some derivative) becoming the Emacs of
choice 10 years from now.