Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: AW: Fwd: CEDET sync
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:21:40 +0900

Miles Bader writes:

 > Chong addressed what seems to be the relevant question, which is
 > whether there's a irrational bias against using xemacs code merely
 > because it's from xemacs.

Why would anyone care about that?  The existence of a bias has been
denied often enough, and even if it does exist, it's not really a big
problem for Emacs, and it's an advantage for XEmacs (as Richard and
other Emacs advocates have remarked often enough in the past).

My questions are (1) is enough effort being made to acquire written
and tested code from outside of Emacs purely from a value-for-work
standpoint? and (2) does a lack of effort/lack of successful effort in
that direction tend to distance Emacs from the rest of the free
software community?  Some recent posters clearly feel the answers are
no and yes, respectively.  Those are not good things.