Re: shouldn't `delete-blank-lines' treat form-feed as whitespace?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: shouldn't `delete-blank-lines' treat form-feed as whitespace?
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 03:11:43 +0900

Jonathan Yavner writes:

 > Function delete-trailing-whitespace specifically states that it does not
 > delete FF.  It also doesn't delete VT.

In Unicode, FF at least has line-breaking semantics.  I believe VT
does as well.  So they are not deleted because they aren't trailing
whitespace, they break the trail themselves.

 > So why should delete-blank-lines delete these?

Because they create vertical whitespace, and delete-blank-lines is
intended to close it up.  I can see an argument for not deleting them,
too, so I would want to hear from users about their use cases.