Re: Integrating package.el

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: Integrating package.el
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 15:16:46 -0800

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> yet. Stefan also mentioned supporting having multiple versions of the
>> same project installed at once. Rather than supporting this by
>> allowing multiple versions to coexist in a single install location, I
>> think it makes more sense to allow multiple install locations. I
>
> I strongly disagree.  I want to be able to install all kinds of versions
> in a single spot so I can quickly see which versions are available.

OK, if that's the most important to you then we should focus on that
next. I imagine it might be a fairly invasive modification though;
perhaps Tom could offer some hints on how it could be implemented
since he's the only one really familiar with the package activation
logic?

-Phil