Re: Emacs-23 release branch

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Emacs-23 release branch
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 07:30:33 -0600

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 06:58:16 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

j> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>> * TTZ's experiment with SVG progress bar, abstracted into a general
>> Emacs library for embedded graphics.
>> If we can do this, I would also like to seriously consider switching
>> to SVG as the default image library, replacing our use of xpm (e.g.,
>> the inline xpm images that we use for certain buffer widgets should be
>> turned into SVG).

j> I have an interactive bounding box app "dragbox.el" for marking regions
j> in images. It would be nice if that usecase could also be covered by the
j> new embedded svg library.

I have some custom code to generate colorful gauges for Gnus
unread/unseen counts.  I'd love to get that working with the general
Emacs library and minimize the custom code.  I have my own functions to
insert a SVG image scaled down so the line height doesn't grow
unnecessarily.

Ted