Re: Emacs-23 release branch

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs-23 release branch
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:02:14 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> D'accord. D-Bus is designed for inter process communication, like
>> Corba. Maybe we could introduce a subdirectory "lisp/ipc".
>
> Can you find enough .el files to put in there to justify the creation of
> this directory?

battery.el, comint.el, proced.el, server.el, net/dbus.el, net/socks.el,
net/xesam.el, net/zeroconf.el.

Maybe also epa*.el, epg*.el, pgg*.el, talk.el, net/imap.el, net/ldap.el.

I would also like to see password-cache.el and gnus/auth-sorce.el there,
but they don't fit any of the selection criteria ...

I plan soap.el, but this could also go into lisp/net when it is ready.

> Maybe we should look in a different direction, tho I'm not sure what
> that should be.  But if it's something that could accomodate several of
> the lisp/*.el files that would be good.
>

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.